Sunday, August 9, 2009

Zoa's Baptism Part 2



Wow, part two took a while to get here, but the quality of the pictures is MUCH BETTER! I am lucky enough to have a good friend who now does photography. Maria Watts is a great family photographer and has an eye for details. Check out her website at mjwattsphotography.com. You won't be sorry.

Of course, you can see a smattering of her pictures here. Notice how much nicer the cakes look! I love the little ones of Zoa, but I wish I had a picture of the bloomers that went with the outfit. Once I find a full body picture I'll have to post it. I never remember to take pictures.....dang!




The bloomers were very simple and made out of a pillowcase. I got the tutorial from here at Reclaiming the Home. My first attempt did not fit over her bum at all. I think she seems so much smaller in my head- hard to believe that her bum takes up that amount of space. The headband she is wearing I threw together at the last minute.


Want to know a secret? It was made out of underwear! HA! Not used underwear, of course. But the elastic band was the perfect silver match and the strap was adjustable so it would fit her for longer. (Not really, because again, I made it too small. I'm terrible with sizing!) The little frilly part was a ruffle I cut of and whipped together in a circle and sewed a cross on that was a necklace charm from a loooooong time ago. She looked good...as you can see for yourself.

Oh, and here is my little monster all decked out in his tie (while holding my shoe).

No comments:

Post a Comment