Sunday, August 9, 2009

We're Gonna Party Like it's Your Birthday



Yes, I am aware that Jake is 18 months now, but his birthday cake was my favorite one that I have made.





A little background:
My mother-in-law used to work for Hallmark and ended up with a bunch of throw away items- like first birthday items! So, because it was overwhelmingly Winnie the Pooh, Jake had a Winnee the Pooh themed birthday party. We had a good turnout- this kid draws a crowd!



For his cake, I made him a beehive with fondant hunny bees. I wanted to make about 50 fondant bees for the cupcakes, but I got too tired and ended up making the cupcake bees out of milk duds, almond slices, and frosting stripes. I love them! Jake had all cake for dinner- his first real dessert so I eased up on the nutrition rule. What a day. If you want to make a cake like this search YouTube for "beehive cake." They have some great pictures and hunny bee tutorials.



Can't wait for 2!!! Thanks Maria for the first and last photo on the post- you make us look good!

No comments:

Post a Comment