Sunday, August 16, 2009

Crayon Roll *first try*


There are lots of crayon roll tutorials out there (with some very good ideas I might add), but I had a purchased one for Jake that I wanted to make. I liked the felt part on the front and thought it would be simple to recreate. (recreate is the polite word for copy)

I learned some things.
1. My serger is evil and hates my projects. It's mission is to destroy them. One day, when I figure out what that blasted machine wants, my projects are going to look sooooo awesome.

2. The reason the gaps were so big between crayons on the original roll was because if they are too tight, the fabric gathers. That's why it is a little "rolled" even when open. I'm going to have to look into that. I like that the crayons in my roll do not fall out, but it would be nice if it laid flat.

3. You cannot iron felt. I already knew this, but did not think and there is the slight impression of iron on the felt. Also a lot of orange on my ironing board. Oh well.

I still think the roll came out great. There is a pocket for paper and stickers that I incorporated as well. I'm sure my second try (Jackson's Christmas gift to be) will be awesome.

STAY TUNED!

No comments:

Post a Comment