Saturday, August 15, 2009

Homemade Christmas- Reversible Child Apron *first try*



First, you need to know that this year I have pledged to MAKE all child Christmas presents (along with most baby shower gifts). That directly involves 5 children, plus my own. He will have a good helping of made gifts, but also a few purchased ones as long as grandma is around...

My first completed gift? Scotlyn's apron! You might remember from an earlier post that I made matching Mommy and child aprons for Maria. They turned out great, but then I found this tutorial from LangLangCreations. I LOVED it! I couldn't be happier with how it turned out!

I didn't do the crayon detail, and the front is the same as the back, but I sewed it just like they suggested. I already had the floral fabric cut out for an apron, but it would be too small for a 5 year old. So I found some brown fabric that matched and some cute ribbon to stick in there and it looks better than I planned. I did run a really thin line of fabric glue inside the bias tape just to hold it in place. It won't hold a lot- I just wanted something to keep it together.


And since Scotlyn is five, I doubt she will check this blog. Her present is safe. The only problem now is waiting until Christmas to give it to her.



No comments:

Post a Comment