Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Death to Your Twenties





No, not MY twenties (thank heavens!) but my husband's. We had an amazing birthday weekend to prove it too. Friday, his actual birthday, we had a large party at the house and I got to try the carrot cake recipe I've been wanting to bake. It is his mom's, and unfortunately, my husband still thinks her version is better. I guess there is always something about how your own mom makes things...

Mine was pretty at least. And I'm going to go out on a pretty sturdy branch and say they party-goers enjoyed it. And after we got back from Kansas City's Power and Lights District and Oceans of Fun, it tasted awesome with the other leftovers. Ahhhhhhh... leftovers!

Here is the recipe for all who are interested. And yes, that is baby food in the recipe- it makes the cake so moist!

Carrot Cake:
3 jars of carrot baby food
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 tsp salt
2 tsp soda
1 cup oil
2 cups flour

Combine ingredients and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

Cream cheese frosting:
8oz pkg of cream cheese
1 stick melted oleo
3 cups powered sugar
1 tsp vanilla

Combine and frost! That's it.


And here is a picture of me yelling, "Who wants cake!"

No comments:

Post a Comment