Saturday, August 15, 2009

Baby Burp Cloths



I have a cousin I rarely see coming into town on Tuesday, so I am attempting to whip something up for their 'baby in the works' and son Oliver. I have never met Chris's wife either, so I'm really looking forward to this trip.

For the baby, I thought about some cute burp cloths I had recently seen. I love the idea of the shape that fits on your shoulder. Also, at a trip to Hobby Lobby I saw the large terrycloth section. With my serger in my repertoire, I thought terry cloth would be a cool back piece. Wipes up puke nicely.


I had a great way to make a pattern- fold up a newspaper in fours and draw on the basic shape. That way, all curves will be equal. Then, once I had everything cut out and the pattern traced on with pencil (it washes off easily) I ironed them together with Wonder Under. I like that they are one big piece, but my husband thinks they are a little stiff. User preference I guess.



























I serged all the way around and learned some not so fun things about my serger. For that reason (and that reason alone) They shape did not come out as perfect as I wanted. But still, I like them. I even freezer paper stenciled a J (last initial) on the burp pads and I love how how they turned out. TIP: don't slop on the paint- a even coat will do.
So I hope she likes them. I'm really looking forward to seeing what my grandma thinks- that serger will fill hours of conversation! I can only guess what projects of hers it ate.....

No comments:

Post a Comment