Friday, March 12, 2010

A BLUE nursery


Well, I was waiting to post to tell you all how excited I am to have a little girl. I can't. I'm having a dear little boy! And yes, I'm a little sad. Maybe that's not PC, but I don't think we will be having any more children and I'm feeling a little sorry for myself never being able to sew and bake with a little girl. I would have been a good mother to a little girl, but I will be a great mother to two boys. Below are flowers from my mother. She knew I was disappointed, but didn't exactly know the right things to say. (She had a girl after all)

Since I work at a hospital, I had the opportunity to "peek" with the ultrasound machine in the department. Four ultrasounds said girl, so I was pretty surprised when the last two said boy. And let me clarify here, it is a BOY for SURE. This means I have to take back the beautiful fabrics I had boughten the weekend previous, sew new crib sheets, and change the trim on my swaddle blanket.

It's ok. I'm getting used to the idea of two boys. I even have a new plan for the nursery. And with the practice I did on the crib sheets- the tutorial I am going to make will be fantastic!!! (I'll never buy crib sheets again they were so easy!)

So stay tuned. I'm going to have to become very creative on my sewing projects for boys. I've done quite a few in the past three days as a way to psych myself up. I've very happy to share them. In the words of MADE and Made By Rae: Celebrate the Boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment