Friday, March 12, 2010

Cotton Gauze Swaddle Blanket *first try*


Know a very trendy baby gift? Muslin Swaddling Blankets. Aden + Anais sells this set for around $38.99.


Ridiculous, right? I agree. I love them though- breathable, soft, large, and good for just about anything you would need a blanket for. Lucky me I found the fabric (cotton gauze= muslin or pretty close to it!) on sale at Hancock fabrics. So, for $3.50, I bought the fabric and segered the ends.


See how lightweight and breathable the fabric is?

The first time it was pink (see previous post), but by switching the thread to blue I was able to salvage the project nicely. They did have prints at the store as well, but not many I liked. I decided to stay with the plain white. If a person wanted to dye it- I assume it would be a very simple project.

My son was NOT a willing model, so his poor Ugly Doll had to stand in.

2 comments:

  1. I just ordered some cotton gauze to do this and was browsing the internet to see if I could find anyone else that made them like this. AWESOME! I'm you're newest follower btw.

    ReplyDelete