Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Little Cupid


My little Valentine....Jake. He happens to turn 2 today, and it will be a Valentine's Day I remember for the rest of my life. We had a great party for him. It was a little hampered by the weather- I wish all the family could have made it, but he had a great time.

Hot dogs were the dish of the evening- Jake's favorite (not Mommy's). Monster cupcakes were for dessert to match his new monster themed "big boy" room. Since the cutest (easiest) cupcakes I could find were Cookie Monster, that's what I went with. The recipe is here.


His room turned out great. I'm disappointed in the wall sticks. Not because I don't think they are adorable, but because they didn't stick very well. I'm going to attack them with some spray adhesive tomorrow (don't tell my husband). For what I paid WITHOUT a coupon they should stick without issue....
Of course, he needed an actual present. So he ended up getting an electric motorcycle. I found it at a consignment sale for $5! It didn't work but my handy brother figured out a wiring issue and now it runs with no problem. Yes, it is used and doesn't work perfectly, but he loves it just the same. I love this age- he cares not if the toy is new or used!


He looked so small in that big bed! Oh how I love you boys.....

No comments:

Post a Comment