Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Homemade Christmas- boutique towel *first try*



This is a great gift! A warm, snuggly towel for a toddler. The baby hooded towels are great, but man- they don't last long enough! My child (who is taller than average) was done with those in a few months.

This towel has flannel monkeys on the outside with yellow terry cloth inside. I used the leftover terrycloth to make a few matching wash clothes. (gotta love that serger!) I found the neatest Curious George "bath book" and toy to go with it.

This towel is not perfect. By ANY stretch of the imagination. I learned a lot about measuring correctly....the first time. Though it was not as simple as I thought it would be, I'm still pleased with it. I think it was appropriate for any beginner/intermediate level sewer. Thank you Crap I've Made! Your tutorial rocks!

No comments:

Post a Comment