Sunday, November 1, 2009

Handmade Halloween



When I was little, my Grandmother made all of my Halloween costumes. I'm not talking a simple outfit here, Grandma Jessen would help me with whatever my heart desired. One of my absolute favorite was a monarch butterfly- she didn't know how she was going to do it, but it turned out incredible. My brother and I NEVER had store bought costumes, and we knew how cool that was. I'm so excited to give that to my kids. Starting with this one....

A while ago I posted Jake's Halloween costume, but I thought you'd want to see the full finished effect. Luckily, we had perfect weather, but because his whole costume was fleece, we were prepared. The other two beautiful babies are Lilah and Zoa.


Lilah is Princess Leia and Zoa is an Ewok. Yeah, we're dorks, but we're ok with that. My husband decided to be Luke Skywalker (notice the one black glove) and Lilah's dad, Watts, was Darth Vader. I know that someday we will be an embarrassment to our children, but maybe when they have kids they will understand.

I decided to be a ballerina. Every little girl knows why. Thanks Treasures for Tots for the simple tutorial. I'm sure no one ever intended a person to use that much tulle on one skirt.....


No comments:

Post a Comment