Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Pimp Pants *second try*




Using this tutorial provided for boys pants (by Dana at MADE) I whipped up these wide leg pants for Jake. I stopped at JoAnn's fabric (when I shouldn't have) and found suiting at 50% off. I couldn't resist this plaid fabric with a little orange in it. For about $3, Jake now has a bottom half for our family pictures.

Yes, some things did go wrong, but overall, this was a pretty problem free project. Completed in an hour and a half no less! That's also why the waist is a little tight. I couldn't wait for him to wake up from his nap to fit the pants- I just went off of another pair that fit him well. Hope he doesn't gain before Maria takes our pictures.

This was my first attempt at pockets, and rather than work harder for functional pockets he won't use, I just sewed on the shape. Also, this fabric frays fast! I serged wherever I could. My serger was so well behaved and gave me nice, clean, well-protected edges!


I hope he looks as cute as I think he will- I want to find a nice white or black polo to go with. If I have time, I want to try and make a matching hat. Don't hold your breath for the hat! Once the pictures are taken (in October) I will post.

PS Sorry the pictures are so bad- it's late and I really should be asleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment