Monday, September 28, 2009

Homemade Christmas- Chef Set *first try*



I'm so (sew ha ha!) happy that I got this set done. By now it is obvious that we have a kitchen "theme" going on at our house. I found a great wooden, handmade kitchen at a consignment sale for $25! Everything has been constructed around that. I love kitchens- they teach about foods, healthy eating habits, let kids be creative, and work for both boys and girls.

To all of you who say that kitchens are for girls- have you ever seen Rocco Dispirito?!? Gorgeous!


So besides the felt food (which I have lots to do yet), Jake needed a Chef's hat (my husband suggested that one), an oven mitt, and dishtowel. I found some cheap dishtowels at the dollar store and repurposed them into this set. I'm very pleased with the Chef hat- the tutorial was found here. I loved the detailed directions- it was simple and turned out great. Even for a first try!

The oven mitt was another story. It was the last of my projects, 10pm, and not real thought out. It will work for a play oven mitt, but it might be a little tight at the wrist! : ) Oh well, it will have to do for now....

Hope you enjoy. More felt food/ bean bags are coming up. A stuffed owl is almost done. Also a second try at that sock ninja....

No comments:

Post a Comment