Friday, October 16, 2009

Toddler Hat and Scarf *second try*


I was happy and sad all at the same time today.

The Land's End jacket I ordered for Jake arrived. It's so cute! Goosedown, sweet little pockets, spice brown, and on sale for $19.99! (originally $60! and free shipping!) What I didn't expect was the RED lining. Not blue. Not blue like the scarf I had already made to match. *sigh* Time to run to the fabric store again....

Well, I needed a hat too. My husband thinks the one I made is a little girly. It's not. It's so cute, but you will have to take my word for it. Jake is asleep (I craft at night) and he is not really happy about wearing it in the house. Again, I will have to post another picture later.

The scarf was not quite long enough (I was running out of minky) so I improvised with the brown tails. I still need to figure out how to put a big red button on there to hold the scarf on his little neck. I'm going to ask a girl at work about how to make button holes...or maybe ask her to do it for me! : )

Happy crafting all! Back to homework....


No comments:

Post a Comment