Friday, October 16, 2009

Nap-time Gift!



This is a first birthday gift for a very special little lady. I know her mom frequents the blog-world, but maybe this one will escape her...

The owl is felt. I googled owls and found lots of different ones to pattern. I'm surprised how easy this was to do- I might have to make more creatures (monsters?!) for Jake.

The blanket is made from the prettiest cotton fabric I could find at Hancock Fabrics. The ladies that cut my fabric and checked me out kept saying how great it looked. The inside is crushed penne. I love how the deep purple looks, but man oh man do I hate sewing with this stuff! It is slippery, silky, and as Grandma Schwartzer would have said "gutty." It started as a much bigger blanket, but ended up a decent size. I love it though- so pretty!
The third item is a set of Old Navy birdie pajamas. Those pjs rock. Jake has quite a few pair- you can't have to many. There is something about a little toddler running around in their "jammies" that just warms my heart!

Going to be a great first birthday! Wahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment