Sunday, July 26, 2009

Zoa's Baptism Part 1




Happy Baptism little Zoa Mae! I was happy to be asked to bake her baptism cakes. I've been trying my hand at fondant cakes solely based on teaching from YouTube videos. I guess I never realized how much you could learn from YouTube! Fondant is a funny kind of frosting and it can be temperamental, but luckily, I had no problems with these cakes.




The daisies are just fondant cut outs and the centers were made from a mold. I turned them over and laid them on things so that the petals would curl up. You can't really tell with these terrible pictures. Thank you Dairy Queen for my cake writing skills, as I was able to write in one fail swoop and not pee my pants with anxiety over ruining the cakes.

I'm hoping I get some better pictures at the baptism today. I took the cakes over to her house first thing this am so my toddler could not turn them over and my anxiety level could return to normal.

Whew! Big day today....see you later....

No comments:

Post a Comment